Naming the World: A Year of Poems and Lessons Short Description
Harnessing the power of poetry, Nancie Atwell's Naming the World: A Year of Poems and Lessons empowers adolescents to make sense of their personal place in the world while honing their critical reading and writing skills. Naming the World's 200+ poems and accompanying five-to-ten-minute lessons are used by Nancie every day to jumpstart her reading and writing workshops. Poetry is the foundation upon which her students build excellences as writers in every genre. This is your chance to make the first few minutes of your Language Arts class really count!
The 200+ Poems:
- are compiled from contemporary poets
- were nominated by Nancie's students as their favorites
- speak to adolescent interests and issues
- include poems by Nancie's kids to teach and inspire yours.
- are used daily by Nancie to jumpstart her reading-writing workshop
- apply a range of interactive and independent learning strategies
- present the language Nancie uses with her students.
Naming the World: A Year of Poems and Lessons Key Features
List Price: $ 85.00